Student Athlete Performance Center
| Donor Recognition
The $86 million Student-Athlete Performance Center (SAPC) will be completed in 2014, providing the UW Athletics Department facilities that will continue to attract the best student-athletes to the University of Wisconsin. The department's focus has always been in providing student-athletes' with the very best in academic support, fitness training, and sports medicine care.
Accomplished in three phases, the project added a three-story, 32,000-square foot addition to the north end of Camp Randall Stadium and the renovation of the McClain Center.
- Tunnel access from the lower level of the McClain Center to the playing field
- New field turf and preparation for the McClain Center renovation
- Renovation of McClain Center
- Renovation of the McClain Center lower level locker areas for the soccer and track programs
- Sports Medicine area featuring therapy pools, rehabilitative and treatment areas
- Multi-media instructional space
- Expansion of the football team suite, including locker rooms, a team lounge, an equipment room and hot/cold recovery pools
- Adjustments to internal Camp Randall Stadium spaces, including building a 17,000-square foot strength and conditioning area
- New Fetzer Center for Student-Athlete Excellence addition on the north end of Camp Randall Stadium that includes study rooms, a library, an auditorium and a computer lab
- New video board and sound system in Camp Randall Stadium
- Camp Randall Terrace, an outdoor premium seating option located on the north end of Camp Randall
- Creation of “Badger Way” the pedestrian and bike path from Breese Terrace to the Camp Randall Arch and a new plaza near the Lot 17 parking ramp